pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the pureLiFi team and work as an Assistant Integration Engineer Graduate. You will be responsible for taking the pureLiFi system and installing it on customer site with the appropriate set up. In addition, you will also provide telephone and email based support for software and network integration issues, managing these through to resolution. As a result, you will work with a lot of different people and skills within the company, thereby broadening your skillset. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate who has a grounding in both software and networking and is keen to learn and open to travel!
The core responsibilities include: –
- Install, configure, upgrade, support and maintain pureLiFi systems on customer sites
- Provide telephone and email support to the pureLiFi customer base regarding systems queries
- Provide high level training to customers on the use and maintenance of the pureLiFi systems
- Trouble-shoot and investigate issues until resolution, working with the internal engineering team across the different workstreams as required
- Acquire and retain in-depth pureLiFi product knowledge with an awareness of the future product roadmap
- Provide regular status updates on progress when on client site
- Share common set-up and installation questions and issues with the internal engineering team to foster an ethos of continuous improvement
- Previous commercial experience in a similar customer-facing role with ability to remain calm under pressure
- HNC, HND or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related discipline (preferably covering both software and IT/networking, or an IT/networking emphasis and a genuine interest and passion in software)
- Sound working knowledge of or demonstrable interest in a wide range of different networking concepts and network types, such as:
- IP configuration
- Switching fundamentals
- IP Addressing and routing
- WAN technologies
- Managing network environments
- LAMP stack experience/knowledge (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including root cause analysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to customer sites to undertake installations around the world, at relatively short notice.
- Industrial or commercial placement, or summer internships, in a technical and relevant discipline when studying for the degree
- Cisco career certification, such as CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), in routing and switching
- More in-depth networking knowledge and concepts, such as extending switched networks with VLANS, determining IP routes, managing IP traffic with access lists, establishing point-to-point connections, and establishing frame relay connections
- Previous experience of working on client sites outside of the UK
- Previous experience of working with any telecoms installer
- An interest and passion in leading edge technology
Apply today with your CV and a cover email highlighting any additional information in support of your application to email@example.com.
pureLiFi does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.