pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
Working as IP Manager within the Research and Development team, you will be responsible for generating descriptions of novel LiFi technology, researching prior art as well as managing the patent application lifecycle including regular review of the portfolio and comparative analysis against competing organisations. The position will require close collaboration and frequent communication with the team and patent attorneys at hand.
The core responsibilities include: –
- Work internally with pureLiFi engineers to capture the essence of novel ideas and provide accurate invention descriptions that will serve as the basis for patent applications.
- Research of prior art with respect to novel pureLiFi technology.
- Keep track of the lifecycle of patent applications and work with patent attorneys for the successful submission of patent applications.
- Formulate appropriate arguments that will serve as the basis for replies to examiner office actions during a patent application lifecycle.
- Provide regular updates to the leadership team on the status of the portfolio and identify areas of strategic growth within the patent landscape.
- Masters or PhD in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a similar field. Prior experience in IP portfolio management is required.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good communication and drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Technical drawing skills.
- Experience or education in optical communications, wireless communications or optical wireless communications.
- Research experience.
- Experience with IP generation and patenting law.
- Legal training/qualification
|Job Category||Engineering R&D, Intellectual Property|