Lead Optical Designer (Optoelectronics Team)
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
Working as the Lead Optical Designer within the Optoelectronics team, you will be responsible for the optical design and delivery of the optical system within the critical Optoelectronic Module for the LiFi system. The initial work will be on the creation and delivery of a new generation of optical system, and thereafter, you will grow and expand that technology to enable next-generation systems and products. The optical systems must be able to support both Transmitter and Receiver paths, operate over potentially wide spectral range and be ultra-compact to enable deployment in consumer electronics.
The core responsibilities include:
• Architect, plan and deliver innovative, high performance optical design for next generation LiFi products as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Develop detailed design specification and requirements for optical components
• Support system modelling and configuration analysis.
• Develop test methods for complex optical systems and sub-assemblies.
• Identify/specify and support procurement of optical components and work with selected suppliers both at component and module level
• Provide production support, enhancing processes and performing tolerance and failure mode analysis on optical sub-assemblies.
• Mentor and lead other engineering staff with regards to optical design and analysis techniques, test methodologies and design process.
• Min 5 years engineering experience in the field of Optical design and systems
• Postgraduate level education in Optics, Optoelectronics, Physics, or similar
• Proven ability to define and design optical component and systems.
• Strong competency in optical system design and analysis using modelling (e.g. ZEMAX) and experimental/prototyping methods.
• Excellent understanding of optical components and materials along
• Solid knowledge of fabrication methods.
• Good understanding of optical test methods and standard specifications for optical components and systems.
• Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to lead and work autonomously
• Project planning and execution.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent numerical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication concepts.
• Hardware design experience.
Apply today with your CV and a cover email highlighting any additional information in support of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Wednesday 4 January 2017
Close date Wednesday 1 February 2017
Salary range Competitive salary on offer
pureLiFi does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.
|Job Category||Engineering Optoelectronics|