Optoelectronic Mechanical Engineer (Optoelectronics Team)
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
Working as an Optoelectronic Mechanical Engineer, you will be involved in all aspects of the mechanical design and packaging of the critical Optoelectronic module for the LiFi system. You will design and implement packing solutions incorporating both active, passive and optical elements. You will have knowledge of electro mechanical design, opto-mechanical design, or precision mechanisms.
The core responsibilities include: –
• Deliver innovative mechanical design solutions for the Optoelectronic module of LiFi
• Work internally and with external sub-contractors to realise the mechanical design solutions
• Validate design through qualification and certification
• Support the development and implementation of manufacturing jigs and fixtures to aid assembly
• Transfer proven development designs to production
• Support production in the resolution of mechanical engineering problems
• At least 3+ years of experience in the mechanical engineering on one or more of the following areas
o Optoelectronics, Consumer electronic packaging, product engineering
• Bachelors, Masters or PhD in relevant engineering discipline with substantial relevant professional experience in mechanical engineering
• Strong background and understanding in the design of mechanical sub systems
• Proficient with 3D CAD tools and other simulation tools
• Proven track record of delivery and commercial success
• Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to lead and work autonomously
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Project management skills and ability to work to schedules
• Previous experience working with outsource design/manufacture centres
Apply today using the short form below, or alternatively apply with your CV and a cover email highlighting any additional information in support of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
pureLiFi does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.
|Job Category||Engineering Mechanical, Engineering Optoelectronics|