Optoelectronics Device Engineer
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi. Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
Working as part of the optoelectronics design team to specify and design optical and electronic components and devices which will be part of next generation LiFi products.
• Provide technical input to detailed simulation and link models to accurately reflect system performance and cross collate to realised hardware.
• Develop sub-module requirement specifications for implementation by hardware development teams or external sub-contractors.
• Working closely with the wider engineering team manage design of the system, changes and resolution of complex problems.
• Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process.
• Work closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Engineering, Operations, Sales, Quality & Project Management) and to support development of future roadmaps.
• Solid commercial industry engineering experience in the field of photonics or optical device design
• Postgraduate level education in Optics, Optoelectronics, Physics, or similar
• Knowledge of the Product Engineering Lifecycle and working as part of an engineering development team.
• Innovative problem solving skills capable of drawing upon strong engineering and technical background
• Excellent analytical and simulation skills with strong numerical skills
• Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to work autonomously
• Project planning and execution.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication, free space optical systems and concepts.
• Hardware design and test experience.
• Good working knowledge of Matlab.
• Experience of working with external subcontractors, particularly in the optics or photonics market.
|Job Category||Engineering Optoelectronics|