pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
The Product Manager is responsible as part of the product management team for developing and maintaining the company’s product portfolio and roadmap; for outlining individual product opportunities and definitions within the portfolio at conception or update; for ensuring regular portfolio change control; for defining and managing individual products and/or product families within the product portfolio throughout their lifecycles; and for working with business development, sales, marketing, engineering, supply chain, project management, customer support and other functions. The product manager may also work directly with customers and external partners.
The product management team owns the overall portfolio and the individual products and/or product families within it from before conception until end of life. As part of that team, the Product Manager is responsible for:
- Leading the Portfolio Planning Process for creation and periodic update of a product portfolio
- Creating Product Briefs, outlining all major product characteristics, as well as target markets, product purpose, competitive positioning, proposition, market timing, etc.
- Establishing portfolio investment cases
- Ensuring regular portfolio governance and change control
- Responsible for cradle-to-grave product lifecycle management of individual products within the portfolio
- Planning for replacement and obsolescence in the context of the overall portfolio
- Capturing customer and market requirements and intelligence, as well as competitive intelligence, in cooperation with Senior Management, Business Development, Sales and Marketing, and incorporating those learnings into portfolio and product planning
- Contributing to the Technology Roadmap and ensuring coordination between the Technology Roadmap and Product Roadmaps
- Contributing to intellectual property strategy and the creation of company IP
- Assisting in responses to customer RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and other information & bid requests
- Providing timely, accurate and detailed portfolio and product information to the Business Development and Sales teams, and for marketing and public relations purposes
- Meeting with current and potential external customers, independently or at the request of the Business Development or Sales teams, for product presentations, information gathering, and joint planning
- Contributing to external partner identification and, where applicable, to day-to-day management of partners
- Educated to degree level, ideally in either Engineering or Business Administration/Marketing, plus extensive experience with highly technical products
- Solid commercial experience in product management and delivery
- Broad technical background, preferably with understanding and/or hands-on experience in semiconductor and optoelectronic product delivery
- Current in-depth technical understanding/subject matter expertise of electronics and software products, both at a component and system level, or a demonstrated ability rapidly to acquire such knowledge, including:
- Relevant hardware and software elements and development processes
- Market dynamics and sales process
- Underlying technical components
- Proven ability to shape innovative technology and customer requirements into compelling and differentiated product propositions
- Experience working within cross-functional teams, including experience with or demonstrated ability to master relevant project management paradigms, such as gated product creation, for hardware, software and combination products
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills and a self-starter
- Strong negotiation skills for both internal and external discussions
- Ability to develop and adhere to relevant business processes
- Ability to engage within an international organisation at all levels
|Job Category||Engineering Hardware, Engineering Optoelectronics, Engineering R&D, Engineering Software, Product Managment, Project Managment|