pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
We are looking for a Researcher who will be an integral part of the team in the field of optical attocell networking. This role will involve experience of product development and project management and offer support to different areas within the business.
- Perform basic research (computer simulations and experimental validation) in the field of optical attocell networking.
- Develop advanced physical layer including optics, medium access control and interference management techniques
- Support product development team in the implementation of new techniques
- Monitor close state-of-the art in the field
- Propose fundamental patents, and support patent filing process
- Write whitepapers and high level publications
- Provide technical support for standardisation activities
- Educated to degree or PhD level in Electrical Engineering
- Previous commercial experience as a research engineer with a solid background in optics and photonics.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience working with optical simulation softwares such as ASAP/APEX and Zemax/OpticStudio
- Commercial and academic experience of the optical wireless industry
- You should have great interpersonal skills and have a proven background in working in a team orientated environment.
- Educated to PhD level is preferable
- Evidence of contributions to the optical wireless industry eg publications, conferences etc.
- Knowledge of programming languages eg Assembly language and C is desirable but not essential.
Posted on Tuesday 4th July 2017
Close date Friday 4th August 2017
Salary range Competitive salary on offer
|Job Category||Engineering Optoelectronics, Engineering Software, Product Managment|