pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
Working as the Senior Network Systems Engineer within the Optoelectronics team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the network system requirements within the optoelectronic element for the LiFi system. Work will involve the development of propriety system and analytical models for the LiFi module and the definition of modulation schemes and data handling. This may include link budget calculations, assess critical trade-offs for new design solutions and will be a fundamental in the development of new LiFi implementations. System engineering for the LiFi module will encompass transmitters, receivers, optics, atmospheric channel link analysis and electronic processing. Validation of the system models will be carried out through correlation with hardware testing.
The core responsibilities include:
- Working with stakeholders across the Company establish and agree system specifications and requirements
- Produce end to end network system solutions, which are cost-effective and low-risk while being compliant with roadmap requirements.
- Establish detailed modulation scheme link models to accurately reflect system transmission performance and cross collate to realised hardware
- Develop sub-module requirement specifications for implementation by optoelectronic and hardware engineering teams
- Working closely with the wider engineering team manage design of the system, changes and resolution of complex problems
- Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process
- Work with product teams to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
- Work closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Engineering, Operations, Sales, Quality & Project Management) and to support development of future roadmaps.
- Minimum 5 years’ industry engineering experience in the field of network system design and modulation scheme planning.
- Technical background and experience in telecommunications or optoelectronics systems.
- Postgraduate level education in Optics, Optoelectronics, Physic or similar
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle as well as delivering a project cradle-to-grave.
- Innovative problem solving skills capable of drawing upon strong engineering and technical background.
- Excellent analytical and simulation skills with strong numerical skills.
- Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to lead and work autonomously.
- Project planning and execution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication, free space optical systems and concepts.
- Good working knowledge of Matlab or other simulation tool.
- Experience of WiFi or other data transmission protocol.
Close date Friday 25th August 2017
Competitive salary on offer