pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
Working as part of the Software team, you will be working on the development and implementation of high performance device drivers across multiple platforms to enable host devices to communicate with pureLiFi’s hardware. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the drivers are of high quality and ready for certification by the applicable OS vendor (Microsoft, Apple, etc.). You will also assist in system level integration and the development of supporting tools and applications.
The core responsibilities include:
- Deliver, maintain and verify device drivers.
- Work with firmware engineers for the definition and implementation of communication between device and driver.
- Work with software engineers for the definition and implementation of services towards user-space applications.
- Work with test engineers on the verification of driver deliverables.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant engineering discipline such as electronics engineering or computing science.
- Expert knowledge of C and C++.
- Excellent knowledge of windows device drivers and networking framework.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux kernel architecture, module development and kernel customization. Execellent knowledge of wireless management and configuration frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge of MacOS kernel extensions development.
- Excellent knowledge of layer 2 network protocols.
- Good understanding of digital hardware and architecture (discrete logic, FPGA, ASIC).
- Excellent knowledge of wireless communication protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of USB protocol.
- Excellent knowledge of PCI protocol.
- Excellent knowledge of I2C and RS-232 interface.
- Excellent knowledge of Logic Analyzer use and hardware/firmware debugging.
- Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to work autonomously.
- Understanding of visible light communications technologies.
- Experience with using source control and versioning tools (e.g., SVN) on a day-to-day basis.
- Happy to work against challenging deadlines.
|Job Category||Engineering Software|