Standards Development Technical Associate
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unprecedented bandwidth and data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
We are looking for a Standards Development Technical Associate (SDTA) to undertake and support various company standardization activities including: technical standard writing, standard’s analysis and understanding of relevant PHY, MAC and Network Layer functionality for integration of LiFi with existing/emerging standards, participation in international standardization efforts in the ITU, 3GPP, and IEEE with a particular focus on IEEE 802.11 and IEEE 802.15, understanding of internal product functionality and competing technologies. The SDTA will also support the company’s efforts by helping to drive the technical direction in line with the standardisation activities and targets with a focus on the creation of a broader LiFi ecosystem consisting of suppliers, customers, competitors and partners.
The core responsibilities include:
- Technical standards writing
- Following and participation in standards development activities, which will include international travel
- Engagement with research institutions and standardization personnel of various organizations, which may include travel
- Technological product overview and understanding of international standards with a focus on IEEE 802
- Understanding of competitive products and technologies across the PHY, MAC and Network Layers
- Support internal technical roadmap development and engineering activities based on standardization work
- Support business development activities and managers where required, including pre-sales, product marketing, customer meetings, etc.
- Masters or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other Natural Sciences
- Ability to deliver high quality technical documentation
- Very detail orientated
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in product, and business (competitive) strategy
- Effective communication skills
- At least 2 years of research or industry experience
- Understanding of wireless communication concepts and details
- Strong research and analysis capabilities and ability to identify key technology trends
- Commercial (sales, marketing and/or business development) experience
- Experience in international standardization processes
Apply today with your CV and a cover email highlighting any additional information in support of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
pureLiFi does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.
|Job Category||Engineering Applications, Engineering ASIC, Engineering Firmware, Engineering Hardware, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering Networking, Engineering Optoelectronics, Engineering R&D, Engineering Software, Engineering Systems, Engineering Test, Engineering Verification, Integration Engineering, Product Managment, Project Managment|