pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and Visual Light Communication (VLC) systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
We are looking for a Customer Technical Support Engineer who can use their deep understanding of IP (Internet Protocol) networking and technical IT concepts to aid in troubleshooting customers LiFi installations into their existing network infrastructure. They will manage customer support tickets and calls, providing prompt solutions in order to provide outstanding customer service and to deliver products. The Customer Technical Support Engineer is someone who enjoys taking responsibility for issues and persevering to find the root cause.
This role will allow the right candidate to grow and develop their skills in a supportive environment.
You will make an impact by:
• Providing technical product support, installation support, training, and guidance to customers and internal colleagues who have a varying range of knowledge in IP networking systems or protocols such as Radius, DHCP, firewalls, routing, etc.
• Working closely with our customers and internal teams to provide detailed and meaningful analysis and response for product issues.
• Assisting with global logistics of products to customers.
• Assisting with system level testing and characterisation of new and existing products.
• Supporting customer RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation) activities.
• Providing engineering support, including software interface requirements and system level testing.
• Providing manufacturing support, including process documentation and first line support for external manufacturing sites.
• Supporting the Sales Team by supplying qualified samples for demonstration and providing technical support on customer calls.
• Assisting with the creation and updating of support documentation for new and existing projects and products.
• Providing manufacturing support to external manufacturing facilities, possibly on-site.
You’ll thrive if you have:
• Demonstrable knowledge of IP based networks.
• Basic knowledge of operating systems, Windows and Linux.
• Experience of working on a helpdesk and using ticketing system.
• The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Proven organisational skills and a customer service focused attitude.
• Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
• The ability collaborate with both commercial and technical employees.
• Electronic manufacturing engineering experience.
• Hardware test experience.
• Knowledge and experience of optical or wireless communication technologies and applications.
We can offer you:
• A close-knit, multi-disciplinary team in Edinburgh representing over 15 different nationalities
• A 35 hour week with a flexible working policy allowing for a mix of home and office working
• Salary that reflects your knowledge and experience
• Share options so you are invested in our ongoing success
• 35 days holiday allowance to give you time to re-energise
• Private medical insurance to keep you healthy
• Life Assurance and Income Protection Insurance for peace of mind
• Pension Scheme contributions so you can save for the future
We are proud of our diversity and committed to ensuring our opportunities are accessible to all talented people. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application
Apply today with your CV and a cover email highlighting any additional information in support of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting their application.
pureLiFi does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.