Job Title: Electronics Technician
Location: Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Reporting to: IT and Lab Manager
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) innovation and systems. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety, and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
The Electronics Technician will be working alongside their Engineering and Product Development colleagues to provide the following support:
• Re-work of PCBs to replace faulty components.
• Implement PCB modifications (e.g., component placement, wire jumpers, track cutting, etc.) as per provided instructions.
• Build wire harnesses for prototypes.
• Lab facilities maintenance to ensure efficiency and ESD safe materials handling.
This role will allow the right candidate to grow and develop their skills in a supportive environment.
The core responsibilities include:
• Careful removal of existing parts/components from PCBs and soldering replacements as necessary.
• Carrying out PCB mods as specified.
• Building cables and wire harnesses as required for prototype systems.
• Mechanical assembly including optical components.
• Lab equipment tracking (check-in/out) and calibration.
• Ordering components and basic lab supplies as required.
• Implementation of ESD-safe processes and ensuring adherence.
About You & What We Offer
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Strong experience in manual soldering/de-soldering of small surface mount components within an electronics environment.
• Experience in cable harness assembly including crimping suitable wire terminals using an appropriate tool.
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel.
• Reading and following electronics diagrams/schematics.
• Reading and following mechanical assembly drawings.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Manual removal and soldering of 0201 parts and 0.5 mm pitch BGAs.
• BGA reballing.
• Optics and opto-electronics components rework.
• Lab equipment maintenance and calibration.
We can offer you:
• A 35-hr working week with a flexible working policy
• Competitive salary
• Share Options so you are invested in our ongoing success
• Holiday allowance to give you time to re-energise
• Private medical insurance to keep you healthy
• Life Assurance and Income Protection Insurance for peace of mind
• Pension Scheme contributions so you can save for the future
Apply today with your CV and a cover email highlighting any additional information in support of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
pureLiFi does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.