We are looking for an experienced and skilled Engineering Project Manager to assist the Company with the delivery of its expanding product roadmap. You will take on the management and responsibility of key development and client projects, with the goal of delivering them on time and to budget. Reporting to the CTO and working closely with the engineering team, you will also be responsible for introducing and maintaining Project Management practices and philosophy in the business.
The core responsibilities include:
- Project governance ensuring all technical and administrative requirements are tracked and met, including delivery of necessary documentation and notice – as appropriate.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects and development roadmaps.
- Prepare and deliver periodic project progress reports to the senior management team.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Support Commercial on Bid Proposals providing information on both resource and capability.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality of information as required by the conditions of a given project.
- Perform risk management to identify and minimise project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Substantial amount of experience with a proven track record in Engineering Project Manager/Leader roles in the high-tech SME sector.
- Good knowledge of NPI and NPD. Strong background in design/development will be an advantage.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Good educational background, preferably in a field of Engineering.
- Solid technical background and knowledge.
- Proven track record in delivering high-value projects.
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience working within a fast-moving environment.
- Process driven approach to project management.
- Understanding and/or hands-on experience in optical communication systems.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hardware design and test experience.
Closing Date: 2 August 2019