We are growing our team and want to hear from engineers with strong evaluation and characterisation experience to help us bring our exciting new products to market.
We are looking for an engineer to help define and drive the component and system level evaluation and characterisation activities. As a validation champion, you will be responsible for the measurement of the performance of our products, generating the data required to complete our data sheets and working with the design team to understand the behaviour of the product. This role is ideal for someone looking to advance or kick start their career rapidly by taking direct ownership of product solutions, working within multi-disciplinary team and solving challenging technical problems.
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or Physics with 5+ years of experience working in the electronic or optoelectronic domains
• Able to define and develop evaluation and characterisation methodologies
• Create validation plans and deliver thorough and accurate measurement data
• Ability to evaluate, characterise and troubleshoot designs in the lab
• Experience of writing technical reports on the performance of electronic components and systems
• Have significant experience of testing complex network/communications products including system level testing
• Have a breadth of knowledge of a wide range of technical disciplines such as Optoelectronics, Software and Firmware
You will thrive if you:
• Have the ability to work within and influence multi-disciplinary technical teams
• Enjoy being part of a close-knit team and learning from those around you, but can also work independently and are hands on to solve problems as they emerge
• Have a well-developed attention to detail
• Are a natural born problem solver who enjoys finding issues, bugs and problems and take them through to resolution
• Have strong working knowledge of networking concepts and electronics test/fault finding
We can offer you:
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of around 35 people based in Edinburgh. We offer:
• Competitive salary
• Share Options for great performance so you are invested in our ongoing success
• Holiday allowance to give you time to re-energise
• Private medical insurance to keep you healthy
• Life assurance and Income Protection Insurance for peace of mind
• Pension Scheme contributions so you can save for the future
We are proud of our diversity and committed to ensuring our opportunities are accessible to all talented people. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.