We are looking for an HR Manager to join us for 13 months to cover a period of maternity leave. In this standalone role you will report to the COO and will deliver a series of people-related projects while also managing the day-to-day HR activities. You will be happy to switch between the strategic and the operational (and everything in between!) on a regular basis in line with the business needs in this varied and exciting role.
You might be working at HR Manager or Business Partner level already or an experienced HR Advisor ready to take a step up. We are targeting a start date in early April to ensure a thorough handover. This role is part-time c. 28 hours a week with a flexible, hybrid working pattern.
Anticipated projects/priorities during this period include:
• Driving employee voice and engagement activities
• Embedding and maximising the use of an HRIS which will be implemented in Q1
• Adapting and developing people processes to complement the HRIS and to support ISO 9001 certification
• Supporting Managers with recruitment activity including several hard to fill technical roles
• Advising Managers on learning and development opportunities for their team members
• Supporting the Leadership Team with the development of a succession planning approach
You will thrive in this role if you:
• Are CIPD level 7 qualified (or working towards)
• Have the breadth of HR knowledge and experience required to perform in a standalone capacity, including employee relations, culture and engagement, recruitment, L&D, performance management, benefits etc.
• Have experience of supporting managers up to and including C-suite
• Are an adaptable self-starter with outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail
• Enjoy working with both commercial and technical employees
We can offer you:
• A 35-hr working week with a flexible working policy allowing for a mix of home and office-based working
• Competitive salary
• Generous holiday allowance to give you time to re-energise
• Private medical insurance to keep you healthy
• Life Assurance and Income Protection Insurance for peace of mind
• Pension Scheme contributions so you can save for the future
We are proud of our diversity and committed to ensuring our opportunities are accessible to all talented people. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application