Working as IP Manager within the Research and Development team, you will be responsible for generating descriptions of novel LiFi technology, researching prior art as well as managing the patent application lifecycle including regular review of the portfolio and comparative analysis against competing organisations. The position will require close collaboration and frequent communication with the team and patent attorneys at hand.
This is a part-time role of up to 4 days per week. We can offer flexibility around working pattern and location, with the option to be based at home or our Edinburgh office.
The core responsibilities include: –
• Work internally with pureLiFi engineers to capture the essence of novel ideas and provide accurate invention descriptions that will serve as the basis for patent applications;
• Research of prior art with respect to novelty and inventiveness of pureLiFi technology;
• Keep track of the lifecycle of patent applications and work with patent attorneys for the successful submission of patent applications;
• Formulate appropriate arguments that will serve as the basis for replies to examiner office actions during a patent application lifecycle;
• Provide regular updates to the leadership team on the status of the portfolio and identify areas of strategic growth within the patent landscape;
• Support trademarks and other IP prosecution and maintenance;
• Manage licensing and other forms of exploitation of internal and external IP;
• Management of the pureLiFi IP budget.
• Experience in IP portfolio management
• Masters or PhD in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a similar field.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good communication and drafting skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• MS Office proficiency.
• Technical drawing skills.
• Experience or education in optical communications, wireless communications or optical wireless communications.
• Research experience.
• Experience with patent drafting and/or patenting law.
• Legal training/qualification