We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to provide technical leadership on mechanical projects ensuring delivery of those projects to cost, quality, safety and time parameters. Providing mechanical engineering expertise and advice to the rest of the team.
Candidates should be from a mechanical engineering background, and responsibilities will include:
- Perform mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software (ideally PTC Creo).
- Adhere to company standards for mechanical engineering best practice.
- Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions taking optical, optoelectronics, electronics and system design input from engineering colleagues.
- Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
- Organise and contribute to peer reviews, trade studies and design reviews
- Liaise with and manage any suppliers or sub-contractors under area of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors and suppliers and ensure the company always receives the highest value
- Interpret the technical requirements of customer specifications and ensure these are understood and implemented correctly by the Project team and products developed
- In conjunction with engineering management resolve any conflicts between our contractual obligations and the “wants” of the customer/contractor
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree standard in MEng in Mechanical Engineering or experience equivalent
- Expert knowledge of mechanical engineering theory and practice, including structural and thermal design principles.
- Excellent knowledge of modern manufacturing processes ensuring efficient production of pureLiFi products.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical production hardware design, manufacture and test.
- Problem solving and simultaneous engineering – structured, logical approach to investigate issues and problems in an effective cross-functional manner.
- Mechanical Engineering design and development – process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
- Ability to work well in a team and also independently with little support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of mechanical solutions for high volume consumer electronics.
- Experience of mechanical design for optics or optoelectronics