We are growing our team and want to hear from engineers with strong mechanical experience in relevant industries.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to provide technical leadership on mechanical projects ensuring delivery of those projects to cost, quality, safety and time parameters. You will provide mechanical engineering expertise and advice to the rest of the team. The role would be ideal for someone looking to advance or kick start their career rapidly by taking direct ownership of product solutions, working within multi-disciplinary team and solving challenging technical problems.
You will make an impact by
• Performing mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software (ideally PTC Creo)
• Adhering to company standards for mechanical engineering best practice
• Delivering innovative, optimised engineering solutions
• Delivering design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales
• Organising and contributing to peer reviews, trade studies and Design reviews
• Liaising with and managing any suppliers or sub-contractors under your area of responsibility
• Co-ordinating sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure the company always receives the highest value
• Interpreting the technical requirements of customer specifications and ensuring these are understood and implemented correctly by the Project team and products developed
• In conjunction with Project Manager resolving any conflicts between our contractual obligations and the “wants” of the customer/contractor
You will thrive if you
• Enjoy being part of a close-knit team and learning from those around you, but can also work independently and are hands on to solve problems as they emerge
• Are educated to at least Bachelor’s degree standard in MEng in Mechanical Engineering or experience equivalent
• Have expert knowledge of mechanical engineering theory and practice, including structural and thermal design principles
• Bring excellent knowledge of modern manufacturing processes ensuring efficient production of pureLiFi products
• Demonstrate excellent understanding of mechanical production hardware design, manufacture and test
• Take a structured, logical approach to investigating issues and problems in an effective cross-functional manner
We can offer you:
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of around 35 people based in Edinburgh. We offer:
• Competitive salary
• Share Options for great performance so you are invested in our ongoing success
• Holiday allowance to give you time to re-energise
• Private medical insurance to keep you healthy
• Life assurance and Income Protection Insurance for peace of mind
• Pension Scheme contributions so you can save for the future
We are proud of our diversity and committed to ensuring our opportunities are accessible to all talented people. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.