We are pureLiFi
pureLiFi is the world leader in Light Fidelity (LiFi) systems and components. Our products provide pervasive high-speed wireless access that delivers significantly greater security, safety and data densities than Wi-Fi.
Those joining this pioneering team at pureLiFi will be part of creating our wireless future. LiFi will be the solution that delivers us virtually unlimited bandwidth and unlimited data, powering our connectivity demands of the future.
Our vision: We will connect everything and everyone with LiFi.
We are looking for an experienced Optical Design Engineer to work on the definition, specification, and development of optical and optoelectronic subsystems of our LiFi products. The successful candidate must have the following skills:
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or Physics with 5+ yrs of experience working in the optical / optoelectronic domain
• Solid knowledge of geometrical optics, optical transmitters and detector technologies
• Solid knowledge of the design of optical components for communication systems and optoelectronic technologies
• Experience of working with suppliers
• Experience of defining and writing technical requirements and design documentation for both internal and external consumption
• Experience in the design and prototyping of new optical sub-systems for optical communication systems
• Ability to define technology roadmaps in collaboration with the research and engineering teams
• Ability to co-ordinate technical teams
• Optical sub-system modelling experience. Experience of Zemax or other optical design tools
• Knowledge of optoelectronic standards including Laser safety (IEC 60825)
• Must thrive working in a small start-up environment and have an acute attention to detail
• Ability to work with engineering and research teams to establish requirements and to develop effective solutions
• Hold a track record of patents in the optics or optoelectronic domain (desirable, not essential)
• Ability to work with production test engineers to develop efficient ATE solutions
• Ability to work in the lab to validate the devices on the bench
• Create verification plans and drive thorough design and test plan
• Ability to characterise and troubleshoot designs in the lab
We can offer you:
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of around 35 people based in Edinburgh. We offer:
• Flexible working arrangements with the ability to mix home and office working and compress your hours for time off on Fridays
• Competitive salary
• Performance-based Share Options so you are invested in our ongoing success
• Holiday allowance to give you time to re-energise
• Private medical insurance to keep you healthy
• Life assurance and Income Protection Insurance for peace of mind
• Pension Scheme contributions so you can save for the future
We are proud of our diversity and committed to ensuring our opportunities are accessible to all talented people. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.