Working as part of the optoelectronics design team to specify and design optical and electronic components and devices which will be part of next generation LiFi products
• Provide technical input to detailed simulation and link models to accurately reflect system performance and cross collate to realised hardware.
• Develop sub-module requirement specifications for implementation by hardware development teams or external sub-contractors.
• Working closely with the wider engineering team manage design of the system, changes and resolution of complex problems.
• Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process.
• Work closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Engineering, Operations, Sales, Quality & Project Management) and to support development of future roadmaps.
• Solid commercial industry engineering experience in the field of photonics or optical device design
• Postgraduate level education in Optics, Optoelectronics, Physics, or similar
• Knowledge of the Product Engineering Lifecycle and working as part of an engineering development team.
• Innovative problem solving skills capable of drawing upon strong engineering and technical background
• Excellent analytical and simulation skills with strong numerical skills
• Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to work autonomously
• Project planning and execution.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication, free space optical systems and concepts.
• Hardware design and test experience.
• Good working knowledge of Matlab.
• Experience of working with external subcontractors, particularly in the optics or photonics market.
If your application is successful, we’ll be in touch within 2 weeks.