We are growing our team and want to hear from engineers with strong background in high-speed data communication using RF or Light.
As our Architecture & Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and driving technical solutions for LiFi system requirements within the R&D team. This will include translating product and customer needs into detailed architecture and test specifications used to guide the system design. You will play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices and ensuring that those devices meet customer requirements. System engineering for the LiFi module will encompass optical front end, digital baseband, modulation schemes and data handling, electrical, mechanical, thermal and DFx considerations.
You will make an impact by
• Working with stakeholders across the Company establish and agree system specifications and requirements.
• Collaborating with Product, Sales and Design Engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for LiFi component designs.
• Considering all product requirements such as customers’ requirements, digital/analogue process technologies, optoelectronics and link budget, data transmission protocols, software/firmware, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs, and propose viable solutions.
• Developing novel software algorithms to address system level feature and performance requirements.
• Developing signal processing architectures to handle multiple parallel multi-gigabit data streams.
• Identifying system interface solutions to support multi-gigabit communications.
• Communicating ideas and specifications to both technical and non-technical audiences (internal and external customers).
• Authoring, reviewing, and updating design specifications and validation test plans.
• Participating in architecture reviews, IC-level design reviews and board-level design reviews with R&D team.
• Performing thorough competitive analysis including lab investigations.
• Working closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Engineering, Operations, Sales, Quality & Project Management) and to support development of future roadmaps.
• Identifying and mitigating risks within the design and development process.
You will thrive if you
• Enjoy being part of a close-knit team and learning from those around you, but can also work independently and are hands on to solve problems as they emerge
• Are educated to at least Bachelor’s degree standard in electronics, optics, or communication system engineering.
• Have significant design engineering experience in any of the following fields: ASIC design, optoelectronics, communication systems, RF, radar systems or microelectronics.
• Have working knowledge of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle as well as delivering a project cradle-to-grave.
• Have innovative problem-solving skills capable of drawing upon strong engineering and technical background.
• Have excellent numerical, analytical, and simulation skills utilising industry-standard tools such as Matlab, Python, Zemax, etc.
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Systems design experience for products integrated in high volume consumer electronics such as smartphones, tablets, laptops.
• Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication protocols including IEEE 802.11, free space optics systems and concepts.
• Familiarity with some or all the following: embedded processor system design, analogue and digital electronics, component selection, knowledge of PCB design.
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of around 35 people based in Edinburgh. We offer:
• Competitive salary
• Share Options for great performance so you are invested in our ongoing success
• Holiday allowance to give you time to re-energise
• Private medical insurance to keep you healthy
• Life assurance and Income Protection Insurance for peace of mind
• Pension Scheme contributions so you can save for the future
We are proud of our diversity and committed to ensuring our opportunities are accessible to all talented people. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.
Apply today with your CV.
pureLiFi does not accept CV’s from agencies.