We are looking for a Senior RF Hardware Design Engineer to develop innovative RF/optical interfacing solutions for our next generation of LiFi products. This will include schematic, circuit and system design of novel interfacing solutions that provide best in class performance at highly challenging power, footprint and cost targets
• Full hardware lifecycle from system concept, through detailed design, simulation and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production.
• Creating high quality, cost effective and robust designs, fully documenting and recording work carried out and keeping them under configuration management.
• Carrying out all detailed design activities from requirements capture to design verification, ensuring design reviews are completed successfully, preparing robust manufacturing data packs
• Providing technical support to sub-contracts.
• Working closely with Systems, Test and Electronics engineers to solve integration challenges on complex systems.
• Act as RF technical expert for interaction with customers and suppliers.
Candidates should have previous experience working within a similar Hardware role and level in design of RF/Microwave circuits and sub-systems and be from an Electronics Engineering background.
• Extensive knowledge of RF circuit theory, transmission lines, and impedance matching;
• Extensive knowledge of, and experience in, RF and microwave design of active and passive circuits targeting high performance small form-factor consumer electronics, especially over DC-6 GHz;
• Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, frequency synthesisers, mixers, and image filters;
• Experience of interfacing RF circuits and sub-systems to analogue and digital electronics;
• Knowledge of, and experience in the use of commercially available CAD tools for circuit and system design and simulation, in particular Matlab;
• Expert knowledge of PCB design and layout for RF circuits (Altium preferred);
• Technical report writing to a high standard including interface documentation, test reports and user manuals;
• Experience of using RF/microwave test equipment to verify design solutions;
• Ability to work well in a team and independently with little support;
• Educated to at least Master’s degree standard in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Knowledge of 802.11 protocols and RF front-end designs;
• Experience in Design for Compliance such as EMC for CE marking;
• Experience of working in a data communications or Consumer electronics industry.