Working as the Senior Systems Engineer within pureLiFi, you will be responsible to define and drive technical solutions for LiFi system requirements within the R&D team, reporting to the CTO. This will include translating product and customer needs into detailed design and test specifications used to guide the system design. You will play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices and ensuring that those devices meet customer requirements. System engineering for the LiFi module will encompass optical front end, digital baseband, modulation schemes and data handling, mechanical, thermal and DFx considerations. This role is highly valued, can receive considerable recognition and will be part of a close-knit, winning team.
- Working with stakeholders across the Company establish and agree system specifications and requirements
- Collaborate with Product, Sales and Design Engineering teams to define system and performance requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for LiFi designs.
- Consider all product requirements such as customers’ requirements, digital/analogue process technologies, optoelectronics and link budget, data transmission protocols, software/firmware, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs, and propose viable solutions.
- Communicate ideas and specifications to technical audiences (internal and external customers).
- Author, review, and update design specifications and validation test plans
- Participate in architecture reviews, system design reviews and board-level design reviews with R&D team.
- Perform thorough competitive analysis including lab investigations.
- Work closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Engineering, Operations, Sales, Quality & Project Management) and to support development of future roadmaps.
- Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process
- The role requires significant system-design engineering experience in the fields of either ASIC design, optoelectronics, communication systems or microelectronics.
- Bachelor or Master level education in electronics, optics, software or system engineering.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle as well as delivering a project cradle-to-grave.
- Innovative problem-solving skills capable of drawing upon strong engineering and technical background.
- Excellent analytical and simulation skills with strong numerical skills.
- Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to lead and work autonomously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Systems design experience for products integrated in high volume consumer electronics such as smartphones, tablets, laptops.
- Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication protocols including IEEE 802.11, free space optical systems and concepts.
- Familiarity with some or all the following: embedded processor system design, analogue and digital electronics, component selection, knowledge of PCB design.
Closing Date: 2 August 2019